Griffith Stadium (Redskins, Senators, Grays, Georgetown University, & George Washington University)
Wooden Stadium Seat Slats
Pen Blanks are a minimum of 3/4" x 3/4"
Bottle Stopper and Ring blanks are 1/2" x 1-1/4" square
Knife Scales are 1-3/8" x 5" x 3/8" minimum
All blanks will come with one COA per blank. COAs are 4" x 6" card stock with foil embossed COA seal.
All blanks are cut as they are ordered.
Hardin Penworks, LLC, certifies that material supplied to the artisan of the accompanying hand-crafted item was sourced from the wooden stadium seat slats of Griffith Stadium in Washington, D.C.
The stadium’s site was once home to a wooden baseball park built in 1891 called Boundary Field. The stadium was destroyed by a fire in 1911 and replaced by Grifith Stadium, a steel and concrete structure. Originally called National Park and later American League Park, in 1923 the stadim was renamed for Washington Senators owner Clark Griffith. The stadium was home to the Washington Senators from 1911 to 1960, and later to Senators expansion team for their first season in 1961.
Griffith Stadium servered as the Washington Redskins home for from 1937 to 1960. It was the college football home of Georgetown Hoyas football from 1921 until 1950, George Washington Colonials football from 1930 to 1960, and Maryland Terrapins football in 1948. During the league's existence, the All-American Girls Professional Baseball League played in Grifith Stadium. The stadium also served as home for the Negro league Homestead Grays during the 1940s, when it hosted the 1943 and 1944 Negro World Series.
This material is guaranteed to be 100% Authentic.