Pontiac Big Six (1929)
Blanks are from wood spokes salvaged from an original wood spoke wheels of a 1929 Pontiac Big Six.
Pen Blanks are a minimum of 3/4" x 3/4"
All blanks will come with one COA per blank.
Pontiac was an American brand of automobiles owned, manufactured and commercialized by General Motors. Introduced as a companion make for GM's more expensive line of Oakland automobiles, Pontiac overtook Oakland in popularity and supplanted its parent brand entirely by 1933.
Pontiac was advertised as the performance division of General Motors from the 1960s onward and sold in the United States, Canada, and Mexico. In the hierarchy of GM's five divisions, it slotted above Chevrolet, but below Oldsmobile, Buick, and Cadillac.
The Pontiac brand was introduced by General Motors in 1926 as the companion marque to GM's Oakland division, and shared the GM A platform. Purchased by General Motors in 1909, Oakland continued to produce modestly priced automobiles until 1931, when it was renamed Pontiac. It was named after the famous Ottawa chief, who had also given his name to the city of Pontiac, Michigan, where the car was produced.
Amid late 2000s financial problems and restructuring efforts, GM announced in 2008 it would follow the same path with Pontiac as it had with Oldsmobile in 2004 and discontinued manufacturing and marketing vehicles under that brand by the end of 2010. The last Pontiac-badged cars were built in December 2009, with one final vehicle in January 2010.
These blanks are from the hickory wooden 12-spoke wheel of a 1926 Pontiac Big Six 6-29. Total production of the New Big Six between January and the end of July of 1929 was 120,000 units. In August 1929, Pontiac switched to the New Series Bix Six 6-29A with easy to spot wooden 10-spoke wheel. The wood is certified and distributed by Hardin Penworks, LLC.
This material is guaranteed to be 100% Authentic.