White House – Solid Wood Pen Blanks
Blanks are made from wood original to the reconstruction after 1817 and removed from the White House during renovations.
All By-The-Inch blanks the come with one COA per order. COAs are 4" x 6" card stock with foil embossed COA seal. Extra COAs are available with wood-by-the-inch purchases only. Limit ONE COA per inch.
All by-the-inch blanks are cut to order.
Available blanks are either 3/4" round or square and 5/8" round. There is a VERY limited supply of this wood. Knife Scales are 5" x 1-1/4" x 3/8" pairs.
The White House original construction was completed in 1800 with John Adams as its first resident. In 1814, during the War of 1812, the mansion was set ablaze by the British Army in the Burning of Washington, destroying the interior and charring much of the exterior. Reconstruction began almost immediately, and President James Monroe moved into the partially reconstructed Executive Residence in October 1817.
The wood Stadium Pen Blanks has available is original to 1817 and removed during one of three separate renovations.
Theodore Roosevelt Renovation of 1902
In 1902, finding the White House deteriorated and cramped, Theodore Roosevelt embarked on an extensive remodeling of the Residence. Plans had been in the works for years to build a new White House or expand the original, including some quite grand designs. Roosevelt wanted to tread lightly and merely remove the Victorian decor accumulated over the previous thirty years while returning the White House to its Federal-period roots.