Dodge Eight (1933)
Blanks are from wood spokes salvaged from an original wood spoke wheels of a 1933 Dodge Eight.
Pen Blanks are a minimum of 3/4" x 3/4"
All blanks will come with one COA per blank.
Dodge is an American brand of automobile manufactured in Auburn Hills, MI. Dodge vehicles currently include performance cars, though for much of its existence Dodge was Chrysler's mid-priced brand Plymouth.
Founded as the Dodge Brothers Company machine shop by brothers Horace Elgin Dodge and John Francis Dodge in the early 1900s, Dodge was originally a supplier of parts and assemblies for Detroit-based automakers, most notably Ford, and began building complete automobiles under the "Dodge Brothers" brand in 1914, predating the founding of Chrysler Corporation. The factory was located in Hamtramck, MI, and was called the Dodge Main factory from 1910 until its closing in January 1980. Both of the Dodge brothers died from the Spanish flu in 1920, and the company was sold by their families to Dillon, Read & Co. in 1925 before being sold to Chrysler in 1928.
For 1930, Dodge took another step up by adding a new eight-cylinder line to replace the existing six-cylinder. This basic format of a dual line with Six and Eight models continued through 1933. The cars were gradually streamlined and lengthened in step with prevailing trends of the day. To enhance production, in 1932 Chrysler built a factory in Los Angeles, CA where Chrysler, DeSoto, Dodge and Plymouth vehicles were built until the factory closed in 1971.
The blanks are from the hickory wooden 14-spoke wheels of a 1933 Dodge Eight. The Dodge Eight was manufactured from 1930 to 1933. The wood is certified and distributed by Hardin Penworks, LLC. This material is guaranteed to be 100% Authentic.